Nitinol and Specialty Alloy SolutionsNitinol solutions are highly relevant in the manufacturing of medical devices due to their unique shape memory and super elasticity properties. As a nickel-titanium alloy, nitinol is highly corrosion-resistant and biocompatible, making it ideal for implants and medical tools. At our company, we offer specialized services in the manufacturing of medical components and devices using high-quality nitinol. From coronary stents to guide wires and dental files, our engineering experts are trained to design and manufacture custom products according to our client’s needs.
What is Nitinol and its properties?
Applications of Nitinol
Use of Nitinol in the Medical Industry
- Guide wires for clinical purposes, such as flexible endoscopic devices, make them less invasive in the body, especially in narrow areas. It can also take a rigid form when it is required.
- Tubes, such as catheters, filters, or needles. Thanks to this material, they are flexible, bio-compatible, versatile, and minimally intrusive.
- Stent and implants delivered by catheters to expand vein and arteries resulting in unrestricting blood flow or holding material to replicate valves for cardiological applications.
- Stone retrieval baskets for renal or biliary interventions. For these surgeries, it collaborates with a safe and practical intervention. The wireframe adjusts and grips to remove stones.
- Dental files and arch wires in orthodontics and dental medicine that fit the tooth shape and apply the correct pressure for patient well-being and treatment effectiveness.
Nitinol is a versatile alloy metal that boasts excellent biological compatibility and anti-corrosiveness. Manufacturers utilize its unique properties to create a variety of products for different industries. The most sought-after Nitinol products include:
- Stents: Nitinol’s super elasticity and shape-memory properties make it an ideal material for manufacturing coronary and peripheral artery stents.
- Guidewires: Nitinol’s flexibility and kink resistance make it suitable for producing guidewires used in minimally invasive surgeries.
- Orthopedic implants: Nitinol can be used to create bone plates, screws, and other implants that can withstand high stress loads and offer excellent biocompatibility.
- Dental instruments: Nitinol’s shape-memory properties are utilized in orthodontic wires, arch wires, and endodontic files, making it an ideal material for dental instruments.
- Neurovascular devices: Nitinol’s biocompatibility and radiopacity make it suitable for manufacturing aneurysm clips, embolization coils, and other neurovascular devices.
Manufacturers can also incorporate additional elements like chromium or cobalt into Nitinol components composed of titanium and nickel to enhance their super elastic properties. Nitinol is available in various forms such as tubes, sheets, strips, and wires, making it easier to manufacture components and parts based on the specific application and design.
SEISA Nitinol and specialty alloy solutions
At SEISA, we are Nitinol suppliers. With over 35 years of combined experience, we support our customers throughout the product life cycle, from rapid turnaround engineering prototyping to commercial-scale production.
Seisa acquired Burpee MedSystems in the spring of 2019. The strategic acquisition combines the design and development of Nitinol and specialty alloy-based devices with Seisa’s scale manufacturing expertise.
Our deep engineering expertise in Nitinol and med-class metal alloys, combined with our laser processing technologies, positions us as a trusted contract manufacturer through the entire product life cycle, from initial concept to full commercialization:
- Manufacturing Solutions
- Rapid Production
- Quick turnaround order production
- Flexible manufacturing lot sizes
- Fast pilot run setting
- Nitinol and specialty alloy-based component rapid production
- Scaled Commercial Production
- Dedicated manufacturing lines
- Cleanroom Class 8
- Cost-effective manufacturing
SEISA Medical is oriented to provide the most durable components because we know the importance of choosing the appropriate material, especially in health. We offer you end-to-end Nitinol products specially designed for each need. Our solutions include the following:
- Laser cutting
- Laser welding
- Shape setting
- Surface finishing
- MedTech metal components
- Sub-assemblies and implants
Do you require advice for the acquisition of Nitinol products? We offer our deep engineering expertise and med-class metal alloys in conjunction with our technology. Learn more about our Nitinol medical device manufacturing. Feel free to contact us.
Nitinol and Specialty Alloy Solutions FAQ
Q. Why is choosing a company specialized in medical devices to manufacture Nitinol products recommended?
A. It is advisable to choose a company specialized in medical devices to manufacture Nitinol products because of the specific requirements and standards in the medical industry. The production of Nitinol devices requires expertise in designing, developing, and manufacturing products with high accuracy and quality standards. Medical device manufacturers have the necessary certifications and regulatory compliance expertise, such as FDA approvals and ISO certifications, to ensure that their Nitinol products comply with industry standards and requirements.
Q. What special alloys are available for medical device manufacturing, and which is most suitable for my product?
A. Some special alloys available for medical device manufacturing are cobalt-chromium, titanium, and stainless steel. These alloys have unique properties that make them ideal for specific medical applications. The choice of alloy for a product depends on several factors, such as the product’s function, biocompatibility, and mechanical requirements. Therefore, carefully evaluating the product’s specifications and application is necessary to determine the most appropriate alloy for manufacturing.
Q. How is the manufacturing process of nitinol and other special alloys carried out?
A. The manufacturing process of Nitinol and other special alloys involves several steps, including melting, casting, rolling, and heat treatment. Nitinol’s unique properties result from the alloy’s heat treatment process, which alters the material’s crystal structure. The quality of the final product is ensured through several methods, such as visual inspection, chemical analysis, and mechanical testing. The products are inspected throughout manufacturing to ensure compliance with the required standards and specifications.
Q. How do you ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations when manufacturing my products?
A. Seisa Medical follows strict quality management systems and manufacturing processes to ensure compliance with industry regulations and standards. These processes are designed to comply with regulatory requirements such as FDA and ISO standards. Additionally, we conduct regular audits and inspections of our manufacturing facilities to ensure they meet these standards.
Q. What additional services do you offer for comprehensive manufacturing?
A. Seisa Medical offers several additional services for comprehensive manufacturing, such as design and engineering, prototyping, and product testing. These services help to ensure that the product meets the required standards and specifications before it is released onto the market. Additionally, we offer supply chain management services to ensure the products are delivered on time and within budget. We also offer technical support and product training services to ensure customers can use our products effectively.