CNC machining and EDM are ideal for medical parts production. These advanced manufacturing techniques, managed by specialized software and machinery, allow the creation of high-precision parts and components for delicate equipment. These technologies are essential for medical device components manufacturing.
Seisa Medical has advanced machinery centers to develop custom components for health providers. Their excellent services proves their experience working with metal and plastic materials to create medical products. Their multiple facilities contain diverse machinery that allows any medical equipment production.
CNC machining and EDM technique technologies
CNC (computer numerically controlled) machining is a category of manufacturing processes involving precision computerized machine tools that transform raw materials into finished or near net shape machined component shapes through material removal via cutting tools. There are many CNC machine configurations, each with advantages and specialties.
EDM (electrical discharge machining) is a non-traditional process that uniquely removes material through a non-contact spark erosion process in a dielectric medium. EDM is another type of precision CNC equipment capable of creating different features & shapes with a few different machine types. This subset of manufacturing processes can work with some very difficult-to-machine and exotic metal alloys and is often used to generate shapes that are not possible or practical with conventional CNC machinings such as lofts, tapers, micro holes, extremely small corner radii features, and more.
CNC machining and EDM are ideal for medical component manufacturing. These high-precision manufacturing methods, programmed through advanced software and executed with high-quality machine tools, make it possible to create complex, robust, high-precision parts used in the most critical medical and surgical device applications.
Seisa Medical has advanced machining work centers to provide custom precision manufactured components for the medical, surgical, healthcare, life science, and biotechnology industries. These manufacturing processes are critical to a full-service medical device manufacturing organization. Seisa’s multiple global facilities have a diverse range of validated CNC machining and EDM equipment perfect for all medical manufacturing needs.
CNC Machining & EDM Capabilities
CNC machining takes on many forms, and Seisa has an industry-leading collection of cutting-edge CNC work centers. Most of these work centers are set up for lights-out, round-the-clock operation. CNC machining processes, programmed and set up by Seisa’s expert CAM (computer-aided machining) programmers and master machinists, can consistently and efficiently produce the most intricate, accurate, and delicate parts for use in medical applications where component reliability and high performance is a must.
Seisa CNC Machining Equipment:
- 3, 4, & 5 Axis Vertical Milling
- Horizontal Milling, high production quantity palletized processing
- Multiaxis Mill Turning, bar loaded (CNC turning & Milling combined in a single machine)
- CNC Swiss Screw Machining, bar loaded & bar-fed
- CNC Lathe Turning
EDM Processing enables extreme part accuracy, excellent finishes, and fine detailed part geometry in tough metal alloys or any other conductive metal type. Seisa has multiple kinds of state-of-the-art EDM work centers capable of lights-out operation.
Seisa Medical EDM Equipment:
- 4+ axis Wire EDM, Rotary Wire EDM (Ø.1mm/.004″ wire)
- Drill / Hole Popper EDM (Ø.13-.15mm/.005”-.006” min. hole size)
- Sinker / Plunge EDM (Complex shapes, molds, drive features & more)
CNC and EDM Applications in Medical Manufacturing
Seisa Medical is a contract medical manufacturing organization that offers components for the most demanding medical and surgical device applications through its combined CNC machining and full EDM capability. With decades of combined experience, Seisa’s machinists, programmers, and engineers are well-equipped to provide DFx (Design for Machinability, Assembly, etc.) consultation for all custom component and assembly needs. We are also well-versed in machining and EDM processing various metal alloys and injection molding polymers. Partnering with Seisa’s engineering team during the NPI process will guarantee successful outcomes for your component and assembly launches.
CNC Machining & EDM Materials
- Stainless Steels – Austenitic, Ferritic, & Martensitic (303, 304, 316, 420, 430, 455, 460, and many more)
- Precipitation Hardening SS (17-4, 13-8, 15-5, 15-7, A286, 17-7, all tempers)
- Aluminum alloys (6061, 7075, 2024, MIC6, extruded, cast)
- Titanium (6Al-4V ELI, CP Grade 2 /3, other alloys)
- Copper Alloys (C101, C110, Beryllium Copper, Brass, Bronze, Phos. Bronze, other alloys)
- Nickel Alloys (625, 718, Alloy X, X-750, Inconel®, Hastelloy®, Monel®)
- Nitinol (Nickel Titanium)
- Cobalt-Chromium Nickel alloys (Elgiloy®, Phynox®, Conichrome®)
- MP35N & Cobalt Chromium alloys
Plastics / Polymers (Not for EDM processes)
- Delrin® (homopolymer), Acetal (copolymer)
- ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene)
- PEEK (Polyether Ether Ketone)
- Ultem® (PEI – Polyetherimide)
- Polycarbonate (PC)
- UHMWPE (Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene)
- Radel® (PPSU – Polyphenylsulphone)
- PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride)
- Kynar® (PVDF – Polyvinylidene Flouride)
- Teflon® (PTFE – Polytetrafluoroethylene)
- PP (Polypropylene)
Medical Component and Assembly Production
Seisa Medical utilizes validated CNC machining and EDM processes to cater to clients in various industries such as medical, surgical, healthcare, life science, and biotechnology. These processes serve numerous applications, including but not limited to:
- Implantable Devices
- Surgical Assemblies
- Cardiovascular / Pulmonary
- Aesthetic / Cosmetic
- Endogastric / Gastrointestinal
- Drug Delivery & Therapeutics
- Diagnostics & Imaging
- Microfluidics / Molecular Biology
- Stent Delivery
- Oncological / Chemotherapy
- RF & Thermal Ablation
- Mold Making for Extrusions, Injection Molding, etc.
Additional Seisa Medical Services for Machined & EDM Processed Components & Assemblies
Value Add Services
- Laser welding
- Laser marking (UDI marks, QR codes, serial numbers, bar codes, logos, etc.)
- Cleanroom assembly
- General assembly
- Packaging & kitting
- Bonding, joining
- Pad printing/epoxy ink
- Ultrasonic Cleaning
- Microabrasion blasting
- Grit blasting
- Vibratory tumbling
- Pin tumbling / hyper tumbling
- Plating/coating (anodizing, tin, nickel, chemical conversion coatings, lubricious coatings, insulating coatings, titanium nitride, chrome, etc.)
Trust Seisa Medical’s Expertise and Available Facilities
Seisa Medical boasts cutting-edge manufacturing facilities both in the U.S. and overseas, ready to partner with you at every step of your product’s lifecycle. Our seasoned engineers and technical subject matter experts are well-versed in all aspects of your project, from the initial napkin sketch to the production ramp-up and mass production stages. Whether you need assistance with design, analysis, testing, or manufacturability advice, our team is always available to lend a helping hand. Don’t hesitate to contact us today to see how we can bring your project to the next level!